1. The following contains information on how we collect personal data on our website. Personal data is all data that relates to you personally, e.g. name, address, email addresses and user behavior.
2. Controller in accordance with Article 4 para 7 EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is
MENNEKES Elektrotechnik GmbH & Co. KG
Phone +49 2723 41-1
Fax +49 2723 41-214
You can reach our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com (or at our postal address with the addition "The Data Protection Officer").
3. If we have recourse to contracted providers for individual functions of our offer or would like to use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you in detail of the events concerned below. We also name the established criteria for the duration of storage.
1. You have the following rights with regard to the personal data we keep on you:
2. In addition, you have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority about the processing of your personal data by us. The responsible authority is the Regional Officer for Data Protection and Freedom of Information for North Rhine Westphalia (www.ldi.nrw.de).
If you visit our website for information purposes only, i.e. if you do not register with us or share information with us in any other way, we collect only the personal data that your browser transfers to our server. If you would like to look at our website, we collect the following data, which is required technically to display our website to you and to ensure stability and security (the lawful basis is Article 6 para 1 p. 1 f GDPR):
1. By applying to a company of the MENNEKES Group, you provide the company with your personal data via a specific application. Your data will be stored and processed on the MENNEKES systems as well as on the systems of our software partner Haufe-umantis AG. In this case, MENNEKES Elektrotechnik GmbH & Co. KG acts as the controller within the meaning of Article 4 (7) GDPR and Haufe-umantis AG as the processor within the meaning of Article 28 of the GDPR.
2. In the application process, we collect additional data in addition to the information specified in §3. This includes:
3. The data will be stored in the applicant database and kept strictly confidential. Employees of the Human Resources Department and personnel responsible for personnel selection in the MENNEKES Group's specialist departments have access to the data. Personal data will not be disclosed or used for any purpose other than as shown here by any unaffiliated person or entity outside the MENNEKES Group. The data can be used anonymously for statistical purposes (eg reporting). There are no conclusions about individual persons possible. The secure transmission and storage of the data is guaranteed.
The proper deletion of the applicant data takes place after the application process has expired or after expiry of the legally prescribed retention periods, unless explicit consent has been given for the longer-term storage. If an applicant is recruited to MENNEKES from the application, the personal data, or at most an excerpt thereof, will be added to the personnel file.
4. The consent to data processing pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR only applies to persons who have reached the age of 16 years. The processing of personal data for persons who have not yet reached the age of 16 is, according to Art. 8 para. 1 GDPR, only permissible if a parent or guardian accepts responsibility for such consent or accepts the consent. It is therefore assumed that the processing of personal data is justified for minors under the age of 16 with the consent of the legal guardian. This condition is based on the fact that it is in the interest of the applicant and the legal guardian that an application process can take place. The legal basis here is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f.
1. If you have provided us with your data to fulfill a (pre-) contract or for marketing reasons, further personal data will be stored. Depending on the application, this can include the following data categories:
2. It is possible that customers of MENNEKES wish drop shipping. In this case, MENNEKES receives the personal data as well as communication data of customers of our customers who are not in direct contractual relationship with MENNEKES. These data are used solely to fulfill the contractual obligation to MENNEKES customers and to ship the goods to the appropriate delivery address. These third party data will not be used for purposes other than performance of the contract. The data will be protected to the same extent with suitable technical and organizational measures as any other data of the direct business partners of MENNEKES.
3. The categories of personal data provided are processed and stored for the purposes of contract enforcement. They are kept in accordance with applicable legal obligations.
4. The processing of the listed data types takes place exclusively on the basis of legal legitimacy of the legal bases listed under Section 9.
1. If you contact us by email or via a contact form, the data you have shared with us (your email address, your name and your telephone number, if applicable) are stored by us so that we can answer your questions. If your request requires it and the answer is therefore in your interest or you have given us express consent, we forward your request together with your information to our MENNEKES subsidiaries, including those in other countries (in accordance with Article 49 para 1 GDPR). If the request requires and is pre-selected by the user, individual requests may also be forwarded to MENNEKES partner companies. We delete the data that occurs in this connection after it is no longer required to store it or we restrict the processing if statutory storage obligations exist.
2. We would point out it is possible for emails to be read and changed without authorization and without it being noticed on an unencrypted transfer channel, if encryption technology was not used. In addition, MENNEKES uses spam filters to counter unwanted advertising, which in exceptional cases can also reject normal emails by mistake. Emails that contain viruses/malware are also blocked before delivery.
As a rule, there is no transfer of personal data to countries outside the European Union (so-called third countries), unless it is required by law (eg tax reporting obligations) or if you have given consent to this to MENNEKES or the nature of the request. Personal data may be transferred within the MENNEKES Group, as far as this is necessary for the performance of the activities. The transfer of personal data applies in particular to the foreign branches to Germany. As far as a transfer to, for example, Switzerland or If the USA takes place, this transmission is legitimized by Art. 44 et seq. GDPR and corresponding regulations.
1. You have the option of registering for our newsletter. To do this, it is an absolute requirement that you share your email address with us. Optional information, such as making known your full name serves only to optimize the service. You can unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time via the unsubscribe link provided in the email. To subscribe to the newsletter, the double opt-in procedure is used to verify your email address and at the same time check that you agree to receive the Newsletter.
2. If the user has given express prior consent, personal newsletter tracking can be deployed. When delivering the newsletter, MENNEKES can record certain of the recipient's data, e.g. the time of request for delivery, the IP address or information on the email program used (client). In this way, statistical analyses can be produced as well as carrying out assessments of the success or failure of online marketing campaigns. Also, with the help of personal tracking, newsletters tailored to the requirements of the recipient can be sent. The name of the image file is individualised for each email recipient by attaching a unique ID. MENNEKES thereby notes which email address belongs to which ID and can therefore ascertain which newsletter recipient has just opened the email by calling up the image. This data is not forwarded to third parties.Data subjects are entitled at any time to cancel personal tracking as well as non-personal newsletter tracking. If you unsubscribe from personal tracking, the general newsletter continues to be sent. If you unsubscribe completely from the newsletter, you are automatically unsubscribed from all types of newsletter. Cancellation options are additionally detailed at the end of each newsletter.
Unless previously stated otherwise, we process the personal data provided to us in accordance with Article 6 para 1 a GDPR, as long as we have received the necessary consent for the processing purpose. If the personal data serves to fulfil a contract or pre-contract, we process the data in accordance with Article 6 para 1 b GDPR. If we are legally obligated to process personal data (e.g. tax-related obligations), we process the data in accordance with Article 6 para 1 c GPDR. The processing can, however, also result from legitimate interests of MENNEKES, whereby the lawful basis is Article 6 para 1 f GDPR. Legitimate interests include the maintenance of our viability as a business as well as the well-being of all of our staff and our shareholders.
|Name of cookie||Application||Purpose of processing||Type||Duration|
|_utma||Google Analytics||Number of visits, first visit, last visit||Persistent||2 years|
|_utmz||Google Analytics||Referrer, search engine, click behavior, keywords, site||Persistent||6 months|
|_ga||Google Analytics||ID of user||Persistent||2 years, 13 days|
|_gat||Google Analytics||Reduction of request rate||Transient||1 minute|
|_gid||Google Analytics||ID of user||Persistent||1 year|
|CookieConfirmation||Accepting processing with cookies||Persistent||1 year|
|ga-disable-UA-XXX||Google Analytics||Cookie for deactivating Google Analytics cookies||Persistent||permanent|
1. In addition to the data mentioned above, when you use our website, cookies are stored on your computer. Cookies are small text files, which are assigned to / stored on your hard disk by your browser and through which the cookie sets the place (in this instance, us) where certain information flows to us. Cookies cannot run programs or transfer viruses to your computer. They serve to make the Internet offering more user-friendly and effective as a whole.
You can configure your browser settings as you wish and e.g. refuse to accept third-party cookies or all cookies. We would point out that if you do this it is possible that you will not be able to use all of the functions of this website. The cookies mentioned above are stored directly at the time of your first visit to our website. Further cookies, e.g. connected with YouTube videos, are stored if you play the videos. Further details can be found under Section 13.
2. The website uses the following types of cookies, whose scope and function are explained in the following:
Transient cookies are deleted automatically when you close your browser. These include session cookies, in particular. These store a session ID, with which the different requests of your browser attribute the common session. In this way, your computer can be re-recognised if you return to our website. The session cookies are deleted if you log out or close the browser. Persistent cookies are deleted automatically after a preset period, which can differ depending on the cookie. You can delete cookies in the security settings of your browser at any time. In addition, we use HTML5 storage objects, which are deposited on your end-device. These objects store the required data independent of your browser and have no automatic expiry date. The use of HTML5 storage objects can prevent you setting your browser to private browsing mode. In addition, we recommend that you regularly delete your cookies and browser history manually.
Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide other services related to website activity and internet usage to the website operator. Pseudonymous user profiles can be produced from the processed data.
We use Google Analytics only with activated IP anonymization. This means that the IP address of the user is shortened by Google within member states of the European Union or in other contracting states of the Agreement on the European economic area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be sent to a Google server in the US and shortened there. The IP address transmitted by your browser as part of Google Analytics will not be merged with other Google information.
The user can prevent cookies being stored through settings in your browser software; in addition, you can prevent Google from recording the data produced by the cookie relating to your use of the website and from processing this data by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at the following link.
Alternatively, the user can prevent collection by Google Analytics by clicking on the following link. An opt-out cookie is placed, which prevents the future collection of your data when visiting this website:
You can find out further information on data used for advertising purposes by Google, settings and opt-out options on the Google websites: https://www.google.com/intl/de/policies/privacy/partners/ ("Data used by Google when you use websites or apps of our partners"), http://www.google.com/policies/technologies/ads ("Data use for advertising purposes"), http://www.google.de/settings/ads ("Manage information that Google uses to display your advertising") and http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/ ("Decide which advertising Google shows you").
MENNEKES' website uses Google Maps API to present geographical information visually. Google Maps is operated by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, US. Data on the use of the maps function by visitors to the website is collected, processed and used. By using this website, the user states that he or she agrees with the processing and use of data that is automatically collected as well as data entered by the user (including the IP address) by Google, one of its representatives or third-party providers. Further information on data processing by Google can be obtained from Google's data protection information, which can be downloaded from www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy/.
MENNEKES' website uses the conversion tracking function as part of the advertising program "Google Adwords". A cookie is set as soon as the user clicks on an advert switched on by Google. These cookies lose their validity after 30 days and do not serve for personal identification. If the user visits certain pages on the website of the AdWords customer and the cookie is still running, Google and MENNEKES can recognise that the user has clicked on the advert and was forwarded to this page. Every Adwords Customer receives another cookie. So cookies cannot be pursued via the websites of other AdWords users. The information retrieved with the help of the conversion cookie serves to produce conversion statistics for AdWords users, who have decided to use conversion tracking. MENNEKES learns the total number of users who have clicked on their advert and have been forwarded to a page with a conversion tracking tag. However, MENNEKES does not receive any information with which users can be personally identified. If the user does not wish to participate in tracking, he or she can opt out. This can be done, for example, by deactivating the Google conversion tracking cookie in the Internet browser. Alternatively, cookies can be deactivated generally. Without a cookie being placed, no information is recorded in the conversion tracking statistics.
Further information on data protection regulations by Google can be downloaded at the following: https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy/.
On our website, so-called social plugins ("plugins") of the bookmarking service AddThis are used, which is operated by AddThis LLC, Inc. 8000 Westpark Drive, Suite 625, McLean, VA 2210, US ("AddThis"). An overview of AddThis plugins and their appearance can be found here: https://www.addthis.com/get/sharing. If you call up a page on our website that contains such a plugin, your browser makes a direct connection to the AddThis server. The content of the plugin is transferred directly to your browser by AddThis and linked into the page. Through the linking, AddThis receives the information that your browser has called up the relevant page of our website and stores a cookie on your end-device to identify your browser. This information (including your IP address) is transferred by your browser directly to an AddThis server in the US and stored there. AddThis uses the data to produce anonymized user profiles, which serve as the basis for a personalized and interest-related advertising approach of visitors to websites with AddThis plugins. Please obtain the purpose and scope of the data collection and the further processing and use of data by AddThis at: http://www.addthis.com/privacy/privacy-policy. If you would like to opt out of data collection by AddThis for the future, you can set an opt-out cookie, which can be downloaded from the following link: http://www.addthis.com/privacy/opt-out. You can also completely prevent the loading of the AddThis plugin with add-ons for your browser, e.g. with the script blocker "NoScript" (https://noscript.net/).
MENNEKES presents itself on social media platforms in order to get into contact with (potential) customers, employees, prospects or partners. In doing so, MENNEKES has no influence on the collection of data on these platforms, even though MENNEKES uses the provided data anonymously through the platform's own programs for statistical analysis. Nevertheless, we will apply the rights mentioned in Section 2 as far as possible to these platforms.
This website contains external links aswell, where MENNEKES has no influence in its content. Because of this MENNEKES assumes no liability for this content. Furthermore the respective provider is responsible for the provided information. At point of linking no statutory vialoation was recognizable. Upon notification of such an infringement, MENNEKES will remove this link immediately.
As at: 08/2018